Saturday, October 02, 2010

Ah, Fall!

This is my Project LIFE Week 39 post. I am so happy that it's fall around here now!!! I still haven't put away the summer clothes because I'm sure that we'll have some more warm days but this has been such a great week! The weather is cooler and fall is in the air! I can't really explain it but there is just something beautiful to me about driving around when it's a sunny fall day outside. I love the feeling I get!

We continue to be busy around here. But, we continue to find time to enjoy each other the life that we have. Tuesday evening I worked later than usual and got home to find Chris and Jack having such a great time. They had gone to a movie after Jack got out of school and were having so much fun playing that Chris had not cooked dinner yet. So, since the pregnant mama was already starving.......we grabbed a quick dinner at Panda Express (I was really wanting their orange chicken and an egg roll.....go figure). Then when we got home it was just so nice outside that we stayed out playing with Murphy for a long time! Jack is really learning what it means to "play" with Murphy but in Jack's words.....Murphy doesn't want to share his rope!While we were out, our neighbors got home and we ended up visiting with them for a long time and were having so much fun that we didn't even start Jack's bath time until an hour after the usual time.

On Friday, Mark from church came over when he got off work to help Chris aerate and seed our yard in hopes that we will have some good grass next spring. Jack got in on the action and had a great time! He was really a good helper. The rest of Mark's family came over for dinner and we had our first soup of the season!!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE fall?And, today was the big event of the week.........our church's Fall Family Extravaganza. I found myself in charge of the event so as a result I was quite busy this week leading up to Saturday. There are still a few things that need to be done to wrap up the event.....but I am so happy that tonight is over. We had a great time and really enjoyed some great fellowship with our church family. But, of course today would be the day that it decided to rain in Indiana following a huge dry spell. I was very happy that the rain stopped in time for us to set up outside as planned. It was a little bit windy and cold but we still managed to have fun!Jack coming out of one of the bounce houses...Carving our pumpkin for the contest...
The finished product.....yes, this was Jack's idea to carve a spider!We even won a prize but don't tell anyone that everyone who entered the contest won a prize!!!

And, last but not least.....the hayride! Jack and I were on the last hayride of the evening so there weren't many people on it. But, Jack enjoyed making a "hay angel."And, here is my precious boy's face - exhausted, wind blown, and ready to go home! But, I promise that he had fun on the hayride!But, at bed time tonight......Jack reported that the best part of his day was having lunch with Aunt Victoria!!! So, Victoria......I hope you are happy that you beat out the bounce house as first choice. But, Jack did quickly say that the fall festival at church was the second best part of his day!

1 comment:

Kenneth & Victoria said...

Seeing Jack was definitely the highlight of my day.