Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gigi and Papa

Gigi and Papa came to visit for just over a week. They have been gone since last Saturday and I'm just now getting around to posting, so what does that tell you? Yes, I have my hands full! It's been a pretty busy week. We have had somewhere to be almost everyday and that sure does take a lot out of me! But, I'm surviving..........not yet thriving as a mother of 2.........but surviving :-)

Gigi and Papa were so great to have around. I cannot say thank you enough to them for helping cook, holding Tatum, playing with Jack, working on painting the trim in our kitchen that has been looming over us for a while now, and most of all.......for just being here. I think this picture turned out pretty great of them on their last morning here.
Since Gigi and Papa will not be here for Jack's birthday he got his present early. He got a card game and a card holder that Papa made for him so that he could play cards without showing the world what was in his hand. Jack really enjoyed playing his new game with Gigi and Papa.
On Wednesday I took Tatum to the doctor for her 1 month check up while everyone else went to the Children's Museum. Jack was dying to go there with Papa to look at the trains. From what I heard, he drug them all over the entire museum and they had a really good time!!

Showing Gigi the train computer game:
Riding the tool car:
Papa looks scared of Jack the dinosaur:
Showing Gigi and Papa the boats:
We also just enjoyed lots of time around the house. We were able to get both Gigi and Papa to play the Wii with Jack. He mostly wants to play Mario Kart these days but he did teach Gigi how to bowl. And, she did quite well!
Chris had to give her a few extra pointers:

While they were bowling Papa played with Tatum and was able to put her to sleep. I think he enjoyed that!

One more HUGE bonus of having Gigi and Papa here was that Chris and I got to go on a date! After feeding Tatum, we rushed out the door to go see a movie. It was so nice to just have some "us" time even if it was at a movie where we couldn't talk. I think we both just needed the chill out time. Gigi didn't have to give Tatum a bottle while we were gone but we decided it was time to see if she would take one, so Gigi got to give Tatum her first bottle that night.
Daddy ended up giving her the second half of the bottle and Tatum took to it like a champ. She hasn't had another one since but it is comforting to know that she'll be able to take a bottle when I'm at work or somewhere else. It's kind of a freeing feeling!

And, last but not least I just wanted to include a picture of our sweet baby sleeping on her daddy's chest!
And, of course......if I ever get out the camera to take a picture of Tatum then Jack insists I take his picture too! Don't look too close because he is in desperate need of a haircut!

No comments: