It's so hard to believe that on Monday my baby boy will be FOUR! That just seems so old to me! So, today we celebrated the 4 best years of our lives so far....
Jack is now VERY opinionated about just about everything. For a long time he wanted a Super Hero party and then that changed to a Thomas party and then just a few weeks ago it changed to a Mario Kart party! That was the final verdict! Jack planned the guest list and the games and was quite specific about his cake too! I will say that pulling off what I thought was going to be a very simple party (cake and ice cream only) actually turned out to be quite a bit of work. But, that's only because I have a 7 week old who likes to be held ALL THE TIME! But, to tell you the truth....I don't mind that. She's fun to cuddle with. Here she is for the whole 2 minutes that she wasn't held at the party.
I have a lot of great friends who were willing to hold her and Tatum has an uncle Brian who even gave her a bottle so Chris and I could stick with the party! So, thanks everyone.
The cake table.....
That's a strawberry star cake in the middle with chocolate cupcakes all around in red and blue with Mario characters as the cupcake toppers.
As the guests were arriving, everyone got to bounce! This was a big hit! Our friends got this for their kids for Christmas and were so generous to allow us to use it for the party.
Next, we played some games. We attempted the balloon stomp game where you try to pop everyone else's balloons. It was unsuccessful because the balloons wouldn't pop. But, it was quite entertaining to watch!
We also played Musical Chairs and had a relay race in the cozy coup cars. Here are the cousins battling it out!
I am not sure what the context of this picture was but I just loved it. This is my sweet niece!
Of course no party would be complete without cake. Jack did a great job blowing out the candles.
As everyone was leaving the party, Jack asked me if he could have another piece of cake. I very sweetly but firmly replied, "no." I walked away and then heard my friend Melody say, "Um...Jill?" I turned around and found this....
Oh, dear Jack. You are such a mess. A wonderful mess. I laughed when I thought about how that's what we WANTED him to do at his first birthday party. But, for you to be sure.....I did not laugh when I first saw this. Oh, how things change.
Thanks to all our wonderful friends for helping make our party so special! We are so happy that you all braved the falling snow this morning to make it. Jack will be talking about it for weeks to come.



No comments:
Post a Comment