Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What we're up to....

Well, there has been a ton of snow on the ground and it's been quite cold outside. So.....I'm very happy that we've been "staying in" most of 2011 so far. I am starting to get a little bit of cabin fever so we find excuses here and there to head out. I know I won't have these days of staying in for long so I really want to enjoy them while I can. But, with all the "staying in" I've been busy. If you want to know what I do all day........
I sit in this chair and nurse Tatum. Well, it sure does feel like that's what I do all day. And, if Jack doesn't have preschool or somewhere else to go - he stays in his pajamas with his bed head hair-do all day long. And, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my life with 2 kids especially when Jack wants to climb up in the chair with me and Tatum.

We do manage to get out some. This was taken on New Year's Eve when we went to a nearby park's conservatory to see their model train show. Tatum loves her "ride." And, Jack really loves it when people ooh and aah over his sister.
My mom asked for some updated pictures and I think I took these a few days ago. I love that Tatum has a look of adoration on her face for her big brother.
She is starting to have more times where she is alert...
And, one more thing.....on Monday I was in the kitchen fixing lunch and came back into the living room to capture this moment. Tatum was starting to get a little fussy during her tummy time and Jack ran and got her a toy and plopped down next to her. He didn't know I was watching or listening and this is what he said, "Tatum, you don't have to worry. I'm here now. I'm your big brother and I will always make it better. You don't have to be upset. I'm here...." MELT. MY. HEART. He just kept going on and on about how he was "here for her." I loved it!
Now, if you'll excuse me....I better go get some sleep while I can! But, I really can't complain because (knock on wood) night time really hasn't been that bad. Tatum is a pretty good night time sleeper so far. I won't go into details because I don't want to jinx myself but just know that we're doing okay!

2 comments:

emily said...

Yay for precious big brothers in pjs with bedhead, hours and hours of nursing, and babies who like to sleep at night...we are living the same life a few months apart, sweet friend. Love you all!

Ry said...

too sweet!