Saturday, April 02, 2011

Great Grandmother Tour Part 3

Last but not least we had to introduce Tatum to my Nana! So, on Monday morning of our trip we drove from Chattanooga to South Pittsburg (about 30 minutes) and arrived at Nana's house.We enjoyed every minute of our visit. Nana wanted to take us to Cracker Barrel so we let her :-) You see, Nana always wants to get us lunch somewhere and she likes Chicken and Dumplings from CB and one time I ate there with her and told her how much I like them too..........she has never forgotten that! So, guess what I got to eat? If I had wavered, I might have gotten in trouble! We had a great time at Nana's house and then loaded up the car once again to head to Athens (about an hour and a half) to visit our friends.
Now, I have had some really great friends in my life. I can name my "best ones" without even thinking. And, Elise is right up there with them all! I think the thing that makes the Sanderson family so special is that they are "our friends." Chris and Derek are just as good of friends as Elise and I. Our kids love each other. Reed and Jack were born just 2 weeks apart. They are 2 peas in a pod...Jack calls Aleah, Reed, and Jenna his cousins. It seems like we could spend a lot of time together and never get tired of each other. Unfortunately we don't get to do that too often. But, for one night we got to just be together. It was awesome. I was too busy enjoying our friends to take too many pictures. But, here are the kids during story time with Mr. Derek.

This is Jenna during story time. And, that's Anna sitting next to Elise. She might as well be my little sister. I love her a lot too! And, she is a senior this year and that makes me sad!
And, this is Tatum during story time. She couldn't miss her evening date with her daddy!
And, in this picture on Tuesday morning Jenna is telling Tatum, "hurry up and get bigger so I have someone to play with!" O-kay she didn't really say that, but I'm sure she will appreciate that soon enough!
And, then we loaded up for one last time to make the 6 hour drive home, which took us 10 hours! Seriously. Tatum decided that she had been in the car enough and didn't really enjoy her ride home. I promised her we would stay put for a while and that is what we intend to do!



No comments: