On Sunday, May 15 I turned 31. In honor of my birthday I just want to record the things I am savoring this particular week of my life. I'm going to make a list of 31 things to show what is important to me this very week. These are in no particular order.
This week I have savored.....
1. An evening walk around our neighborhood with just Chris (no kids)
2. Loving on the seniors from our youth group who are graduating this year
3. Diving full force into a new Bible study on John
4. A sweet phone call from my Nana
5. A perfect visit from my Mom
6. A sweet note from Grandma Dottie in my birthday card
7. Extra snuggle time with Tatum (but I am sad that it's because she was sick)
8. Listening to Jack sing his heart out about loving the Lord
9. Hearing Jack say the word, "hubcapped people" instead of "handicapped" when referring to parking spaces
10. Late night prayer time with my God
11. Late night talk time with my husband
12. Lunch with a dear friend to celebrate my birthday
13. A thoughtful gift from a friend reminding me that our friendship is "truly golden."
14. Jack snuggling close and telling me that I will always be his "sweet sweet mama!"
15. A walk with just me and Tatum where she grinned at me the entire time
16. The contagious excitement of my dear friend at work who has struggled with infertility as she found out that she is going to be a mom to a baby boy by adoption in just 1 month!!! This point almost deserves it's own post. Please keep my friend in your prayers and also the birth mom of this sweet baby boy.
17. A walk with my family to our local ice cream place to celebrate Jack's VERY good effort to float on his back at swim lessons
18. A great performance review meeting with my boss at work
19. The realization that I work in a great place and that I really do enjoy my job
20. Thinking about all the extra calories I burned as I carried Jack on my back almost all the way home from the ice cream place (mentioned above)!
21. Chris taking Friday off since he has been so crazy busy in the evenings and on the weekends for a while now...
22. Going downtown with my family for a picnic and walk on a gorgeous day (that Chris took off of work)
23. Watching Jack sing at his preschool graduation
24. Watching Jack interact with Tatum to make her laugh
25. Starbucks! So, I have pretty much given up my old Starbucks habit (for health and financial reasons) but Chris got me a gift card for my birthday.....I've been twice this week! But, it will stop as soon as my gift card runs out because I realized I didn't really miss it that much!
26. Hosting 3 different families at our house for a cookout
27. Enjoying "cookout" food
28. A clean house
29. Getting a pretty decent picture of my kids together
30. A quiet moment in my day today when both kids were napping for 2 hours AT THE SAME TIME!
31. Making this list and realizing how blessed I am in the "ordinary" day to day life I live!



1 comment:
I love your 31 things! Miss you!
Post a Comment