Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5 months!

Seriously, where is the time going? I feel like Tatum's baby phase is moving at a much quicker pace than Jack's did. It's so crazy but we are definitely enjoying every single minute!
However, sweet Tatum is not enjoying every single minute of her 5 month birthday. She is sick. It started over the weekend with a little congestion that I was convinced was in her lungs this morning because she was breathing much faster, retracting a little bit, and it really sounded like she was wheezing. And, she didn't sleep much at all last night. So - off we went to the doctor today and he listened to her lungs for a long time and determined that it was still a
ll just upper airway congestion but the reason she was so miserable was because she had developed an ear infection! So sad! She did manage to take a long nap this afternoon but has been pretty fussy whenever she is awake. She cries out in pain and my heart just hurts. This is the first time in Tatum's short life that she has been miserable. She is normally so smiley and it's very easy to get her to smile, but not today. I did manage to snap a few pictures in one of our good moments but if you really look at her eyes.....you can tell she doesn't feel good.
Let's see..........what do I want to tell you about Tatum at 5 months? She is such a joy. As mentioned earlier, she will smile for anyone and her favorite person to smile and laugh for is Jack. Her 2nd favorite is daddy and her 3rd favorite is me. I think she is definitely going to be a daddy's girl! Right now she still wants me a lot but I am her sole source of food so that's understandable. Whenever she stops nursing I predict she will be daddy's girl 100%! It's crazy how I can already see their bond developing. Chris is definitely wrapped around her little finger. Tatum has started rolling over. Now when I place her in the middle of the floor she will quickly work her way to the edge of the room. And, once she gets there - she doesn't get herself back so she just cries until we move her back to the middle. Silly girl! She loves tummy time and is starting to interact with her toys more. She is currently not a fan of riding in her stroller which doesn't really work out too well for us. But, we are wrapped around her finger so it's not too hard for her to convince us to carry her! We don't let it stop us from taking walks as a family on nicer days. She does seem to love being outside. She continues to be in a wonderful night time sleep routine rarely waking up (except for last night as her ear infection was setting in and she could barely breathe). She is somewhere between 15 and 16 pounds and still fits in size 3-6 month clothes. I think she is right on the verge of getting some teeth but then again I have thought that for several weeks. We'll just see....

All in all, Tatum is our precious daughter and we love her so incredibly much. It is just incredible to me how my love for both Jack and Tatum continues to grow deeper and deeper every single day. And, my love for Chris continues to grow as we are parents together to 2 kids. It's been an amazing journey so far and I'm looking forward to all the great moments that are to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, if she's not liking the stroller, you could try carrying her in a Moby wrap or baby carrier. Stephen LOVES to take walks in it, and I'm taking advantage before it's 100 degrees outside. It's nice cause you can be hands free and it spreads her weight out over your back and shoulders.

Jill said...

Amber, we have a baby bjorn and she does like it. I use it quite often but she is starting to be a little too heavy......I have been looking at other options that will "grow" with her a little more. Not too sure about the Moby wrap....seems like all that material would be very hot! What do you think?