Sunday, May 08, 2011

Life.

Today is Mother's Day and it was great! Nothing too out of the ordinary but very special indeed. Chris and Jack fixed me whole wheat waffles for breakfast with delicious strawberries and whip cream too! They also gave me a necklace with 2 charms - one with Jack's name and one with Tatum's name. I love it! On the way to church we picked up a friend, Mr. Doug. We took Chris's car so we would have room for me to squeeze in the back with the kids and Jack declared that a new Mother's Day tradition! "Mommy should get to sit in the back with us for Mother's Day!" Isn't that great? Wish I had taken a picture! We came home for lunch to avoid the craziness of restaurants and then Jack, Tatum, and I all took naps while Chris mowed the yard. After our lazy afternoon - I was treated to dinner at Longhorn with dessert included!!! Wahoo! If you've never had the Chocolate Stampede dessert at Longhorn........you probably should never try it because you would really like it (if you like chocolate)! Before heading out to Longhorn - Chris attempted to take a picture for me with my most precious Mother's Day Gifts - Jack and Tatum. We couldn't get us all 3 looking and smiling but I just love the moments anyways! Being a mom is the best thing in the world!
In other news of our life....

Last Sunday was Baby Blessing Day at church. Here is Tatum that morning.
Tatum can now fit in the shirt that my friend Emily sent her from Australia. Here is Tatum with Aaron. Aaron is in our youth group and he went to Australia to do an internship at the church where my best friend works with the youth and he is the one who brought Tatum this shirt from Emily......whew!
Tatum can now spend time in her new standing bouncing toy! Her feet don't quite touch the bottom but she still REALLY enjoys it!

We are FINALLY starting to have some outside days. And, let me just tell you - when I tell Jack it's nice enough to be outside - we are pretty much out there all.day.long. Doesn't he look like such a big kid here? He is growing up way too fast!
So, that's it. Just a few things about our life in the last little bit! I am gearing up for a busy week. My mom is coming in town to help me because we are having a MASSIVE yard sale on Saturday. I am so ready to get rid of a bunch of stuff that we no longer use. And - things that don't sell will NOT be coming back in my house! I can't wait! And, it's an added bonus that I get to have my mom here for almost a week! Have a great week!

No comments: