I love Easter! I love what we celebrate today! I love remembering.......the grave was empty! Yes, my Jesus conquered that grave and He is still ALIVE TODAY! I love sharing that story with Jack and look forward to sharing it with Tatum as soon as she can understand! We had a great worship service this morning and I was brought to chills several times while we were singing. I love Easter!
I also really enjoy the "other parts" of Easter. The ones that really have no relati
on to Christ rising from the dead but that make the weekend full of fun and festivities. Yesterday at church we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt.
There were so many people there and it was great. Jack got to see several of his "school friends" and share his "church life" with them. It's great to make connections with the families of his friends that he knows on a daily basis but that we don't. I guess it is a taste of what will be coming on a larger scale as he grows up and goes to "real school." Tatum also got to experience her first egg hunt (but she didn't hunt for eggs this year). I think she is a little bit too small for me to use her as an excuse to get more candy for myself! Ha! But, she sure did look on with lots of curiosity and intensity while her big brother hunted...
Jack also enjoyed the games. Here he is with one of his big school buddies....Joseph. They are quickly becoming great friends and we plan to have some "play dates" soon outside of school. I am also enjoying getting to know Joseph's mom.
Not sure exactly what is going on here but just thought it was hilarious that Jack looks like he is leaping through the air...
Another great benefit of events like this is making deeper connections with our church family. We all absolutely adore Ms. Donna. Can you see why?
More friends...
Speaking of deeper connections with church family.......this man is the BEST Easter bunny you will EVER meet!
And, yes.......Jack knows that this is not the REAL Easter bunny because he was wearing tennis shoes! Too funny! But, we've never really pushed the whole Easter bunny thing anyways. So, I'm not sure Jack even really thinks he's real. Pretty sure he knows he's not but he still has lots of fun talking about it.
This morning Jack enjoyed looking through his Easter basket. He also enjoyed Tatum's basket!
They both got new plates with their names on them. Jack also got a new Mario car and Mario Kart t-shirt (his new obsession). He also got plenty of eggs stuffed with coins and a little bit of candy. Tatum got a piggy bank to start her $ collection. And, all of her eggs were filled with change to get her started! Jack liked that! Tatum wasn't too sure...
Now, I know that celebrating Easter is not about Easter baskets and giving my children gifts. But, I love to do it! And, it just seems like a great time to spoil them a little bit! And, besides that........Jack is right now taking a GREAT nap!! When he wakes up we are going to make Resurrection Rolls and enjoy the rest of our day together as a family!
Happy Easter everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment