So, this post is 2 days late, but I cannot believe Tatum is 6 months old!!!!! Taking her "month" picture was a little difficult this time because she is not sitting up independently yet but she would not lean back against the chair because she is constantly TRYING to sit up by herself. It's actually quite funny, so I think this series of pictures captures it well...
Every time I would position Tatum for a picture she would lean forward and then collapse to the side. Oh well! You can see what she looks like at 6 months old anyways!
Tatum is a VERY laid back and chilled out little girl right now. She has learned to love riding in her car seat and stroller and loves to be outside. She is getting much better at playing on a blanket in the middle of the floor too. Occasionally she will roll to her tummy and then cry out for us to roll her back over (even though she CAN do it on her own). Her greatest discoveries in the last month have been her feet, hands, and voice. Tatum absolutely adores her feet. She loves to put her toes in her mouth and just play with her feet in general. Who needs toys?
And, when she is not playing with her feet....she has her hands in her mouth! They are her second love in life (next to her feet). And, she drools all over her hands and all over anyone who will hold her and all over everything but no teeth yet as you might expect from her excessive amount of drooling.
And, lastly she has discovered her voice. She likes to laugh and to squeal and to let us know she is around. If I think she is starting to get fussy I usually help her find her paci only to have my 4 year old Mr. know it all tell me that she is NOT fussing, she is just talking. It's really funny to me that he says that for some reason. A few days ago I promise she said, "hello!" I know that in reality she didn't but Jack even came running into her room and said, "Did Tatum just say hello?" She is definitely mimicking our voice inflections.
She wants to eat. But, I have not started her on any solid food yet. I would like for her to be sitting up a little bit better first. But, also it's been mostly out of convenience. We are crazy busy right now and nursing her is SO MUCH EASIER than remembering food and taking that with us especially when we travel (like we are currently doing). So, maybe next week we'll introduce some baby food. Don't worry.....I'm sure there will be pictures of that.
That's all I can think of for now. We just adore you Tatum and cannot imagine our family without you!!! Could you please just stop growing up so fast already??



No comments:
Post a Comment