Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day

Today was Jack's first day in Pre-K. Just wanted to share these pictures of our 4 and a half year old!!! And, record a few things about this day that I want to remember.

1) This morning I had a very cute outfit picked out for Jack that included the khaki shorts in this picture and a nice polo shirt. When he went into his room to get dressed these were his words, "I don't want to look nice - I want to look cool!" There was no arguing with him so he wore his Mario Kart shirt. What do you think? Cool or what?

2) When I dropped him off I realized that this was his last first day of preschool............next year will be "real" school with Kindergarten!
3) The thing he was most impressed with about his new class was the red light system in the room. Red means "teacher talk." Yellow means "whisper." Green means "play time." I must have heard this about 20 times tonight.

4) Tonight during his prayer before bedtime he said, "Dear God, thank you that I got to go back to school today and please help me to be a good student this year! Amen!"

I just absolutely love Jack - even though he wouldn't wear what I wanted him too!!! At least he was happy :-)

No comments: