I say this every month, but is it really possible that Tatum is already 8 months old? Well, yes it is! I remember Dec. 17 very well. After all, I was there :-) As I type this both of my kids are napping and I should really be napping too but wanted to take advantage of a few minutes of quiet to reflect on who Tatum is right now!
She continues to be a very happy and mostly easy-going baby. However, this past month she has discovered her voice and by voice I mean - a HIGH pitched squeal or scream to get what she wants! What she wants is usually to be held or entertained or nursed or fed or put to sleep. She is on the move. She can now crawl forwards very slowly. She is not fast yet but I'm sure it's coming. We should probably dig out those baby gates for the stairs! Before she gets on her hands and knees she puts herself in a push-up position which cracks me up. I'll try to post some pictures of that soon too. She enjoys toys more now. The one toy I can always put in front of her that will keep her entertained for what seems like forever is the fisher price barn and animals. She loves them!! She has started saying "da da da da da!" I'm working with her on the whole "ma ma ma ma ma" thing though! She is still just a recreational eater. She likes carrots, sweet potatoes, and peaches. She is not a fan of green peas or pears. That's what we've tried and look forward to expanding her food options soon. She usually just eats baby food at 1 meal time a day - sometimes 2......it really just depends on what is going on. But, when we are at the table she usually wants to be there eating too. I've introduced a sippy cup to her but she's not too keen on it yet. We'll keep trying that but there is really no rush. Actually there is really no rush for anything. We are just truly enjoying each and every phase she is in.
Tatum Elizabeth, you bring so much joy to our lives! I love seeing your smiling face every morning when you wake up so happy in your crib. You and Jack are the best gifts I've ever been given! My prayer is that your love for each other will continue to grow and that you will always be wonderful friends!!!
Speaking of Jack and Tatum..........this morning when I was taking her pictures - Jack didn't like that I was taking her picture with pink "Big Toe!" So, he had to get his blue "Big Toe" for her because it matched her outfit! Ha!



1 comment:
Hey, I was just browsing through some of your old posts, and can I just say that Tatum is awesome?! Her smile is incredible! If I were you, I'd have huge framed pictures all over the house. Of course, you have the real thing to look at anytime. Both she and Jack are just adorable.
Post a Comment