Saturday, September 17, 2011

9 Months Old


I am once again behind on blogging. I have lots of blogging material but I also have lots of life to be living so guess what gets the boot sometimes? But, I do want to keep with my tradition of giving monthly Tatum updates!!!

Today, Tatum is 9 months old! That sounds old to me for some strange reason. This is absolutely my favorite baby age! I guess it's because her personality is starting to shine through more and more. Tatum is a charmer. She almost always has a smile for everyone and continues to be laid back - unless she is eating and wants more........then you can hear her scream! We are working on teaching her to sign for more instead of scream and it is improving but wow....that girl likes her food and she is not shy to let everyone know it!!! Ha! She is getting better at feeding herself puffs and baby mum-mums. She likes to be in control and now has a better grasp so that she actually gets the food to her mouth! When she is eating from a spoon (which still isn't a whole lot) she likes to grab the spoon away from you and try it herself. And, she almost always sticks her hand in her mouth in the process of eating making for a HUGE MESS! Are you starting to understand why I just prefer to nurse her??

Gross motor skills are progressing too. Just this past week she started trying to pull up onto her knees and then today out of nowhere she just crawled over to the fireplace and.....
And, lest you think it was a fluke - she did it again on the chair in her room! I think she is proud of herself! What do you think?
Tatum is a constant babbler. She talks about everything as if you really know what she is saying. The predominant sounds from her mouth include da da da and ba ba ba. I promise the other night I heard her say duck in the bathtub and it always sounds like she says "I love you" when you get her out of crib in the mornings.

She continues to be a rock star sleeper at night. She has her 2 bottom teeth and I keep thinking more are coming in but I don't see them yet. Tatum ADORES Jack and does whatever she can to always be looking at him including trying to crawl off the changing table EVERY time you change her diaper. Tatum loves bath time and is a great splasher. I think she may have a future as a fish. Her favorite book is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?" She laughs every time I make any animal noises for her while reading that book! It's hilarious. She likes to play with our toes and every time she does I squeal with delight and she cracks up laughing! Fun game! She is a true joy to our life!

I just love our family of 4! The dynamic is great right now! It is just such a blessing to have Jack and Tatum. I can't wait to see what unfolds for us as a family moving forward.

No comments: