Many many years ago I had a friend in college tell me that he could totally see me as a soccer mom in the future. I remember asking him what his definition of a soccer mom was because I've never been a huge soccer fan and it went something like this: "you will have 4 kids that you tote around in a mini van and take them to all their practices and games and cheer really loud for them, etc, etc, etc...." Well, we have the soccer part in our lives now! But, NOT the part with 4 kids or a mini van! Who knows what the future holds, right?
However, I must say I have already failed my first official duty as a "soccer mom." This is not a picture of Jack on his first day of practice and it's not a picture of him on his second day of practice either. It was the THIRD practice!!!
But, isn't he cute? And, yes - he was so excited to go to practice last night. Before practice he told me that the best thing was putting his hand in the huddle and yelling, "1-2-3, Metrostars!" After practice he told me the best thing was kicking the ball. And, one more thing to tell you is that those bright green shorts are ALL Jack. He insisted on getting them in the store when he saw them and I'm pretty sure he will wear them to every practice! He is very proud of his neon green.
We are very excited about our new venture. 4 of the 6 kids on the team have either gone to Jack's preschool or are there right now. So, it's been a great connection so far with our community. I love meeting new people and love watching Jack make new friends too. When I picked him up from school today he told me that he played with Ava on the playground today (one of the girls from his team). But, FYI - she was trying to "catch" him and he was trying to "get away from her!" Oh, how 4 year old friendships amaze me.
Not sure if Jack is going to be a professional soccer player or anything like that but we're going to enjoy becoming more of a part of our community and watching Jack learn something new. We're going to enjoy spending time in the back yard practicing soccer. And, Tatum is going to enjoy hanging out on a blanket and attempting to eat grass while we are at Jack's practices! We're going to enjoy fall. Looking forward to the next several weeks!



No comments:
Post a Comment