Day 2 was just as fun as Day 1! Here is Jack refreshed from a good night's sleep and ready to go!
Our morning started with our breakfast reservation for Chef Mickey's which is at the Contemporary Hotel. From the Wilderness Lodge it's just a short boat ride to the Contemporary so we didn't allow much time. Well, guess what? They don't run the boats when it's too foggy! And, it was pretty foggy that morning, so............we caught the bus to Magic Kingdom and had our first monorail ride of the trip to the Contemporary!
Jack was pretty excited about this. And, Gram and Grandaddy were pretty good troopers as we drug them all over the place.
We were a little bit late for our reservation but didn't have to wait too long! The food at Chef Mickey's was pretty good. It was a buffet and there was SO MUCH to choose from and since we wanted to be at our table when all the characters came by - I didn't really take full advantage of the buffet! Oh well! Jack was very excited and full of anticipation. Tatum was also happy to be eating breakfast!
We did have fun meeting Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald. Tatum REALLY liked Donald!
She wasn't too sure about Goofy but overall she was pretty cool with all of them.
I was so mad at Chris and my parents because I kept having to get in all the pictures since I was the one holding Tatum :-) That's why I made my parents get their picture taken with Minnie (she was the last one to our table).
Originally I had thought we would go straight from Chef Mickey's to Magic Kingdom to finish up anything we didn't do on Sunday. But, we pretty much did everything on Sunday that Jack wanted to so instead we headed to Hollywood Studios! Jack was so excited about Hollywood Studios for several reasons: Toy Story Mania, the car stunt show, the Indiana Jones stunt show, the Disney Junior Live show, and he also could not WAIT to see the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. It really made me laugh how much he wanted to see that! Basically our time at Hollywood Studios was spent seeing a bunch of shows! But, it was a lot of fun! When we arrived we headed straight for the Toy Story Mania ride. They were already out of fast passes for the day so we just decided to wait in line. This was the longest we had to wait for anything that we rode the whole time we were at Disney - 45 minutes. Seriously - the second week of January is a perfect time to go to Disney World!!! My dad stayed out with Tatum because she was napping in the stroller. The rest of us had some fun in line....
Toy Story Mania was so much fun! I think it had to be one of my favorites of the whole trip. As you ride through you are wearing your 3D glasses and playing classic carnival games. Chris had the best score of our group but I had the best accuracy :-) When we came out of the Toy Story ride.......we met a toy soldier! I'm pretty sure this was the most excited Jack got to see any of the dressed up characters!
Then, we made our first of two stops at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. It was so amusing to Jack to slide down a "blade of grass." It's so easy to make him happy!
Next up was the car stunt show with Lightning McQueen making an appearance!
Then, we had to hunt down Lightning McQueen and Mater for a picture, of course!
And, just so you don't think we intentionally left Tatum out of our family pictures........she was doing her thing and sleeping in the stroller at this time! We didn't want to disturb her!!!
After this we went over to the Disney Junior Live show. Both kids really liked it!
The coolest part to Jack was the Jake and the Neverland Pirates part of the show.
I didn't take any pictures of the Indiana Jones stunt show but it was definitely cool too. We also just enjoyed walking around Hollywood Studios. Here is my little goof ball. No, we didn't buy this hat but he had fun with it!
After we were finished with Hollywood Studios for the day we headed back to Magic Kingdom for dinner and the Electric Parade. This was the only night of our trip that they were going to be having the Electric Parade and I did not want Jack to miss this! It was one of my stronger memories of Disney World as a kid. It did not disappoint us! We ended up eating dinner along the parade route while we waited for it to start. It was a little bit crowded and chaotic but we still managed to enjoy it!!!
Then, it was back to the Wilderness Lodge for another good night's rest! Coming Next - Epcot and more Magic Kingdom!



No comments:
Post a Comment