when the rubber meets the road.........I just haven't. And, to tell you the truth I'm not sure if this post is going to be followed by more soon or not. I just don't know. I don't have any plans. I'm just writing this tonight and then we'll see. But, here is where I HAVE been:
I have been outside with my favorite kids enjoying a mild Indiana winter...
I have been cleaning up after a certain someone who is seriously into EVERYTHING...
I have been helping Jack with his preschool craft homework (and for a kid who does NOT enjoy crafting......that was a big chore)...
I have been in Tennessee for Winterfest with our teenagers and for some time at my parents' house. Jack got to enjoy some time with his cousin Brody who came over for the day to help celebrate Jack's birthday!
We also got to see my cousin Tracey and that's her little boy with Tatum! Those 2 had a lot of fun together!
I have been cleaning up messes (this one happened in Tennessee at my parent's house)...
I have been in the kitchen working on cooking healthier meals for myself and my family.
I have been exercising on a regular basis for the first time since right before I was so sick during my pregnancy with Tatum.
I have been working in a new place at work (same job........different facility that is closer to my house.....2 days a week).
I have been organizing legos. We moved this table into Jack's room so he could have a place to "create" and then shut the door to keep little hands and a little mouth away from his legos!
Jack also helped me come up with a system to organize his legos. We utilized some drawers in his closet and organized the legos by color into different containers that I picked up very cheaply from The Container Store (which happens to be a new favorite of mine).
I have been getting rid of stuff on Craig's List in an effort to simplify our belongings a little bit.
I have been organizing our playroom...
Our playroom was semi-organized until around Christmas time and then it just went out of control. I had no idea what having 2 kids would do to our toy situation. So, my sweet husband went to Ikea in Cincinnati on Valentine's Day and got me the shelf you see above so that I could fulfill my vision in the playroom. Sounds like a weird Valentine's Day gift, huh? I'm telling you - I was SO excited! The bins on the bottom are lined with scrapbooking paper to match our "africa" theme in the playroom. We are also utilizing some of our baskets from Ghana and have all of our wood carvings displayed in the room. We actually need to get a new shelf for some of them. Here is Jack's cove.....
And, Tatum's future cove. (imagine a little play kitchen or something)....
In my cleaning out process, I emptied that bookshelf you see and that filing cabinet. Everything was streamlined and put into this filing cabinet (below) or into the yard sale pile.
The book shelf is going to be re-purposed in Jack's room. He is quickly running out of space to display his growing collection of things that are important to him. So, that's our plan there! Then, Tatum will get the little book shelf that is in Jack's room now. Agh.....future painting projects for me!
Jack came up with our "playroom rules" and we put them in our filing cabinet label slots....
They are Love, Share, Be Kind, Have Fun!
I still have some unfinished touches in the playroom but overall we are so happy with our new arrangement. It is a great space for both a 5 year old and a 1 year old! We have been spending lots of time there lately!
I have been getting to know some new friends.
I have been reading Kisses from Katie (this is a great book that I HIGHLY recommend).
I have been at the dentist (root canal and then a temporary crown and then a bite adjustment and then finally a permanent crown).......whew! I finally can chew without pain!
I have been in the presence of God.
Basically I have been anywhere but here and I've really been liking my life lately. I'm so blessed and I am so thankful for each moment.
So, there you have it - just in case you have been here wondering where I've been!



No comments:
Post a Comment