Monday, June 17, 2013

The First Month

We survived!  But, it was a little crazy!  This month was spent getting to know Hudson and trying to adjust as a family to having a newborn around!  Hudson is such a joy.  He is a great eater.  Seriously, he is NOT missing any meals.  He even adds a few in there for good measure.  He's a pretty good sleeper too.  But, he is also pretty high maintenance.  You won't find many pictures of him just laying around.  He wants to be held.  He wants to be eating or sleeping or you better be holding him!  (this is getting better now, but I'm trying to remember what he was like at exactly 1 month).  We had a lot going on during Hudson's first month.  The week immediately after he was born Gram and Grandaddy were at our house.  I cannot say enough about how helpful they were to us with EVERYTHING.......from random house projects, to deep cleaning, to cooking, to taking Jack to school, to playing with Tatum, to shopping for us, to just keeping me company.....they were amazing!  Grandaddy left after the first week but Gram stayed a few more days.
Speaking of Gram, she has crocheted a blanket for all of her 6 grandkids.  Here are my kids with their blankets.  We envisioned a little bit better picture, but.......this is as good as it gets sometimes!
With my parents at our house we were able to do some special things with Jack and Tatum.  One evening after I fed Hudson, Chris and I took Jack and Tatum out for ice cream.  We were going to take them somewhere pretty good (like a real ice cream shop) but they chose McDonalds.  They are pretty into their cones right now.  This picture of Tatum was too cute not to share...
Jack and Tatum are both excited about Hudson.  They both love him a lot.  Jack likes to hold him and acts like a pro.  He takes holding him very seriously.  He will even rock him and pat him on the bottom because Hudson loves that!!

They were really excited the night I put Hudson's little bath tub down in the big bath tub with them.  
Tatum likes to kiss and hug Hudson.  She also likes to wait until he needs something to decide that she needs something too!  But, overall she is adjusting pretty well!  She is a good big sister and is definitely going to be the "mothering" type!
When Hudson was just 1 week old....he went on his first outing to Jack's tee-ball game.  It was a nice day and it was good for us to all get out of the house as a family!
Once my mom left, we were on our own for about a week before Chris's dad, Papa came to visit.  Gigi got sick and couldn't come with him.  That was very sad and very hard for Jack and Tatum to understand.  Papa helped Chris with lots of yard work and also helped us pull off a yard sale when Hudson was only 3 weeks old.  We are very grateful for all his help too!  We only wish Gigi had been able to visit also.  I am not sure why but I can't find one picture of Papa with Hudson.  I might not have taken one.  I would say that this was the week that Hudson really started nursing all.the.time.  It was also the week where sleep deprivation began to catch up with me!!  After Papa left we started to kind of hit our groove as parents to three.  On our 10th anniversary we went out to eat and took Hudson with us while we had a babysitter for Jack and Tatum.  Thankfully, Hudson gave us a good anniversary gift by sleeping in his car seat the whole time and smiling for us when we got home!!!

This little guy has some pretty cute faces and sweet looks if you ask me... 

 


 He can also be so peaceful when he is sleeping.  There is just nothing like snuggling with a newborn who is sleeping soundly.  I really enjoy when Hudson falls asleep in my arms and I can just sit and hold him.  Knowing that he is most likely my last baby makes this time even more special!


 I love it when Hudson is wearing these little striped pants.....Oh, and yes....he likes to sleep in the car!  Thank goodness!!!

No comments: