Jack's first year of school is over! He graduated from Kindergarten and is moving on to First Grade!!! He had such an incredible year with a wonderful teacher and great friends! I am so thankful that he had Mrs. Arashiro this year. I think she made his first school experience a very very good one. We also found out on the day of the Kindergarten end of year program that she was awarded "teacher of the year!" Yes, she DEFINITELY deserved it!
Mrs. Marcum was also a blessing to Jack. She was the kindergarten aide in his room and he loved her a whole lot too!
At the end of the year program, Jack's class performed the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow with sign language and also did a reading of a book. Jack was one of just a few kids who had their own reading part and he did a great job. We are so proud of him and all he has accomplished. When it was his turn to go get his certificate he marched up there and shook the principal's hand with such enthusiasm. I wish I had it on video. His enthusiastic hand shake with Mrs. Dehart made everyone laugh!
This is Jack's good buddy, Rhyan. She lives in our neighborhood and we adore her family. Their family has been a blessing to us this past year and we are so thankful to call them our friends. Rhyan and Jack say they are going to get married, but we are just encouraging them to be friends for now! Ha!! But, I do love how much these 2 enjoy being friends!
And, now we are already 3 weeks into our 8 week summer, but here is Jack's summer haircut!
I think it changed his look so much and he looks like he is totally ready to move on up to First Grade! I love this kid!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment