Two of my best friends in the world just had a baby shower for me last weekend in Knoxville. It was so great to be home for the weekend and enjoy family and friends. Emily (the girl on the left) is now living in Australia with her husband. She got to come home for 2 weeks, so while she was home, she and Lora (the girl on the right) had me and the baby quite a party! Lots of my friends were there who still live in Knoxville. It was great to get to see th
em and spend time with them. Our son is already getting spoiled with gifts. A few of my favorites were the UT hat and pacifier. So, I guess someone out there will have to respond with some kind of North Carolina gift since that's Chris's team. I also loved the gifts from my mom which included a lot of my old baby things including my baby book. It's so funny to read through and hear about all the crazy things I did when I was young. This makes me a little bit nervous about having one of my own because he'll probably be a little crazy too. But, no matter what......I know I'll love him with e
verything I've got. I really liked everything we were given. It's hard to mention everything. One of the most creative gifts was from Lora - a bunch of diapers. As you can see in the picture, they are all rolled together. She took a lot of time to do this. Also, Emily gave us a wooden kangaroo puzzle all the way from Australia so that our son can begin his dreaming of one day traveling to the land down under. All in all it was a great experience to be with my friends. I feel so honored and special that people would think of us during the exciting time.
As for our dog Murphy, he is still doing well but starting to figure
out that something is not quite right. He went with us on the
trip to Knoxville and was quite disturbed on the trip home to
smell lots of gifts that he wasn't sure what they were for.
But, overall we think he's really excited to meet his new little
brother.



No comments:
Post a Comment