In Jack's 7 short weeks of life we have been keeping him very busy. Or I guess you could say that he has been keeping us very busy! He's been to Chattanooga for a wedding shower for Jill's cousin Tracey. He's been to Indianapolis to visit Uncle Brian, Aunt Kym, and Addie Grace. He's been to Anniston, AL to meet his great grandma Dottie while Chris took some of the teenagers to a youth rally in Anniston. It was very convenient that was where the youth trip was. So, I just took Jack and we stayed with Grandma. It was great! Next week he has another trip planned to Greensboro, NC to meet his great grandaddy Kirby. After next week he will have met all 4 of his great grandparents. So, that's pretty cool.
Amidst all the travels, he has been growing like crazy. The other day I got on the scales with him and it showed that Jack weighed 13 pounds (I won't tell you how much I weighed so don't even ask). So, I guess you could say that's his unofficial weight. He is too long for his 0-3 month clothes now. Also, he is really working hard on the smiling thing. At grandma's this weekend he really started showing off. And, tonight at church he really let some people have some good smiles. It's quite exciting for us to see. His other big accomplishment is that for the past 2 days he has put himself to sleep in his crib for 1 of his daytime naps (that's just me laying him down when he's tired and him going to sleep without any rocking). Now, we do still rock him and all that but we also like the idea of him being able to go to sleep on his own. So, we'll see if this lasts. We're just waiting for the one night where magically he won't wake up until morning! But, it's not TOO bad right now.
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:
Jack and his cousin Addie Grace having a little chatAmidst all the travels, he has been growing like crazy. The other day I got on the scales with him and it showed that Jack weighed 13 pounds (I won't tell you how much I weighed so don't even ask). So, I guess you could say that's his unofficial weight. He is too long for his 0-3 month clothes now. Also, he is really working hard on the smiling thing. At grandma's this weekend he really started showing off. And, tonight at church he really let some people have some good smiles. It's quite exciting for us to see. His other big accomplishment is that for the past 2 days he has put himself to sleep in his crib for 1 of his daytime naps (that's just me laying him down when he's tired and him going to sleep without any rocking). Now, we do still rock him and all that but we also like the idea of him being able to go to sleep on his own. So, we'll see if this lasts. We're just waiting for the one night where magically he won't wake up until morning! But, it's not TOO bad right now.
Here are some pictures for you to enjoy:




2 comments:
Well, since you've ratted me out, I guess I might as well post on your blog and say hello!! Thanks traitor!! (I'm only kidding...you know I love you!!)
Anyway, these are sweet pictures, I can't believe how much he's growing!!
Quit posting so much, you're showing how much of a slacker I am!! (Again, I'm kidding...maybe you'll inspire me...doubt it though!!).
I think I pretty much go in stages with posting......a few weeks and nothing and then I get a few minutes and get inspired. I promise I'm not trying to show you up! See, I put a picture of Addie Grace on here so you don't have to feel like you need to!
Love you Kym!
Post a Comment