Thursday, August 23, 2007

The little things

The other day I was at Target with Jack and I must admit that I was one of those crazy people walking through the store laughing out loud for no apparent reason. It's one of those times I wish I had the video camera with me. But, then I would have been a really crazy person at the store. In the past few days, Jack has gotten to the point where he is able to sit up in the shopping cart in the store. He has mastered this skill quite well, and I wish you could see it. As I was pushing him around Target he was just sitting up so tall and looking around the store at EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. He didn't miss one thing. Thank goodness he can't talk yet :-) Or, he might have said some pretty embarrassing things about some of the people we saw. But, the reason I was laughing is because he just looked like he was thinking to himself that he was such big stuff. It was like, "I've finally arrived....I'm king of the shopping cart...and you people just better get out of the way!" Then, all of the sudden out of no where he leaned back in that little seat, closed his eyes, and went to sleep. I was reminded that my "big" boy is still a baby who can fall asleep in almost any situation. Whew! I was quite amused.

I'm really liking Indy. This has been a good move for us. The church here is great. We're starting to make friends and really learn our way around town. It's funny because we've moved to a much bigger city than Athens, AL ever thought about being. But, everything is much closer to us (and we lived right in town in Athens). Church isn't closer (so I guess everything isn't closer). But, a hospital is closer. We could walk to almost any major sit down restaurant you could want. I have a Target and a Sams and a Home Depot and a Kroger so close to my house. In Athens, we actually had to drive to Huntsville for all these things. It's amazing how nice it is to go to a grocery store that is a real grocery store. Not that Wal-Mart is a fake grocery store, but they just don't have near the selection that Kroger does. I could go on and on about life here.

We do miss all our friends in Athens very much. But, God is working here too! And, I'm thankful that He has selected us to be a part of His work here. We're still working on getting more settled but everything happens in time.

Sorry this post is a little random. It's late. This is one of the best times to be on the computer because the house is so quiet. But, for now I better get some sleep. Tomorrow morning comes early.

No comments: