Well, okay to most of you this may not seem like a very big deal. However, today was a very monumental occasion. Jack had the opportunity to witness something that has never ever happened in the history of the world. And, I promise I'm not exaggerating. This has really never happened before:
This afternoon we went to Great Times with the teenagers from church. Great Times is a place with go-karts, putt-putt, bating cages, etc. So, after Jack's nap we drove over to meet up with the group. When we got there everyone was eating pizza so we just hung out for a while. Then, one girl decided she really wanted to play putt-putt. No one else really wanted to play, but in short it ended up being 2 teens, me, Chris, and my brother Brian. I must preface this by saying that I am a VERY competitive person. So, I wasn't sure if I was ready for my "competitive side" to come out in front of these teenagers that I'm still trying to get to know. But, I thought it would be funny if it did. So, I was all set for my typical game of putt-putt where I do terrible and Chris wins. I'm serious.....he wins EVERY time. I have never ever won a game of putt-putt against Chris. World War 3 almost broke out when we played on our honeymoon. Ha! Well, the game started out normal. I used the max stroke limit of 6 on the first 2 holes. Then, all of the sudden things changed for me. I made a hole in one! And, then I started getting every hole in only 2 strokes. Yes, ladies and gentlemen......you guessed it........I beat Chris! He did not have such a good game and I took full advantage of the situation. I haven't really rubbed it in too bad because I know that this was probably a one time event. But it was fun while it lasted. The only bad thing is that I lost to my brother. Oh well.
In May, we'll be going to the beach with my family and I guess we'll have opportunity for a rematch.
In other news, Jack and I just got home from 9 nights away so we're happy to be home. I'll post more on our trip later.
9 years ago



2 comments:
Chris, you have my condolences. I got my embarrassing defeat at the hands of a beautiful woman out of the way when Kim and I went on our very first date ever. My advice is to practice every day for the next several days so you can destroy her on that beach trip.
Post a Comment