Well, Jack's birthday has come and gone and it's been such a blast!!! His actual birthday was Thursday, but we've been so busy that this is the first chance I've had to post. In order to tell about all the festivities, it's going to take a few posts. So, please be patient with me! Before I tell about Jack's birthday I have to brag a little. When you ask Jack how old he is, he holds up one finger! It's so cute and he does it right on command most of the time. He's so smart! Ha! We've made him do it so much I think he'll still be holding up one finger when you ask him how old he is when he is 10! Oh well!
Thursday morning when Jack woke up, I greeted him with the Happy Birthday song followed by serving him breakfast - his first taste of waffle in the shape of a one! He ate every bite and enjoyed it very much!

Then, we proceeded to spend a quiet morning at home and Jack took about a 2 1/2 hour nap in which I got his homemade birthday banner hung and his present from me and Chris put together. We got him his own table and chairs which he is still a little small for, but he loves it all the same! He was very funny after his nap because he noticed his banner immediately and smiled really big! He also enjoyed reading a book at his table!

Around 5:00 Grandpa and Grandma Glenda (or "GG" as we like to call her) arrived all the way from Murphy, NC. Jack enjoyed playing with his grandparents and eating fajitas for dinner. Okay, so he didn't really eat fajitas but he did like the chicken cooked fajita style!
As I rocked Jack to sleep Thursday night, I prayed over him and all I could think about was the amazing blessing God has poured over us in our son. I can only pray for his continued health and safety and that he will grow into a godly man.
Well, that was pretty much our birthday in a nutshell! On Friday we celebrated again in a different way and then on Saturday we had the party! So, I'll post some more...
No comments:
Post a Comment