Monday, June 02, 2008

Grandaddy

So, I absolutely love my dad. I know it's not father's day (yet) or anything, but I just thought I would tell everyone how much I love him! Isn't he handsome? Okay, just so you know - he was meaning to be silly in this picture. That's one of the reasons I love him...he can always make people laugh even with his really dumb jokes. My dad is also one really great grandaddy. He's so playful and loving and Jack is absolutely attached to him.Today, I'm asking for you to keep my dad in your prayers in the upcoming weeks. My dad has a form of chronic leukemia which he was diagnosed with about 8 years ago. At that time, he went through chemotherapy and into remission. And, now (as expected) it's back. So, this week he is going through chemo again everyday for 2 hours and then he'll basically be on house arrest until his immune system can recover. I talked to my mom today and my dad was at home asleep. He actually went to work for a few hours after today's treatment since his counts aren't down yet. Just pray that he doesn't get too sick from the chemo and doesn't get any type of infection while his immune system is down! Thanks!!!! God Bless!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will keep him in my prayers, Jill. He sounds like a wonderful man!

Kilah and Brodies World! said...

your dad is the greatest! i love him and am praying for him and your whole family!!!

Kilah and Brodies World! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily said...

Send my love to your Dad! I love him and will be praying for him.

Walters Press said...

Jill I'm so sorry to hear this! I will definitely be praying for him!

Ted and Shana said...

Tell your family that they are close in thought and prayer. Love you guys.

Alicia said...

I will definitely keep in my prayers!