Sunday afternoon we headed to Waterman's Farm to go to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. It was a beautiful day, but unfortunately it was HOT! I have officially vowed that I will never subject my child or myself to the pumpkin patch again on a hot day! It's supposed to be a fall activity with cool weather and that's what it will be in my book from now on. So, if we have hot days in future Octobers......we will just wait for the cool day before taking Jack to the pumpkin patch. This year we couldn't wait because Chris is leaving for Honduras tomorrow and he wouldn't be around to go anymore before Halloween! oh well! It was still a fun day!
We started out on the straw mountain! I'm very thankful that Emily and Serra were there to keep up with Jack and Anna Grace because I sure didn't want to climb up in the itchy straw after Jack with shorts on. It didn't seem to bother him too much! He thought it was pretty cool!


Then, we headed to the corn maze. Here we are for our cheesy family picture in the pumpkin mouth!

We let Jack and Anna Grace lead us through the maze so it took a little while to get out of the thing. Fortunately we made it out!


Jack is really into tractors right now so he HAD to sit on this one and I HAD to take his picture, but he refused to look at me and smile.


Here we are on the hayride out to the pumpkin patch.

Jack had no clue what to think of all the pumpkins. He would run from one pumpkin to another very quickly.

He tried to pick them all up.

Then, finally we picked one and Jack "helped" Chris get it!

Jack is proud of his pumpkin and can't wait to carve it on Halloween Eve!

While we were out in the patch, Jack's face started turning really red and he was SO thirsty, so we had to hurry back to the car and get him his drink before he whined himself to death! But, at least we had the pumpkin patch experience and all in all it was a fun day!
3 comments:
How cute! He looks soooo much like you!
I love your pictures. It looks like you had a great time!
Oh, I just love pumpkin patch pictures! You sure got some cute ones, too! I'm so glad you had a fun day.
Post a Comment