We've had lots of people coming to our house this week to give us estimates on some work we need to have done.....YUCK! It all started with needing to have the trim on our house painted. It was painted right before we moved in, but as luck would have it.......it was a terrible paint job and it's peeling really bad and just looks terrible. In this process Chris has found several places with rotten wood on the trim that needs replacing and so he also wanted to get estimates on wrapping the trim with vinyl. It's sickening to think about the rotten wood and looking at how best to spend our money to "fix" the problem. We could have the house painted several times before we would spend as much money as we would on wrapping the trim wth vinyl. But, is it worth the extra cost to have it "maintenance free?" I don't know. I hate decisions like this. We also need a new lawn mower and a new grill (okay we don't HAVE to have a new grill unless we want to grill out this summer which we do). One of the valves is broken on our grill and after we grilled out Thursday night, Chris thought he turned the grill off only to discover that it was still on tonight (Saturday). Our grill is plugged into our house's gas line so I'm dreading our next gas bill now! We need a new computer. This 8 year old desktop I use is quickly biting the dust and I'm in the process of starting some contract work with the state where I need to have a dependable computer. Fun stuff, huh? It's such a shame that money does not grow on trees.
With all the "mundane" things life is throwing at us, we had a great day today! This morning we went to watch my niece play soccer and it was just a beautiful day! After we got home, Chris mowed while I finished cleaning the house and getting things ready for our pizza party tonight with the 9th and 10th graders at church.
They all came over tonight for a "make your own pizza party." 


We played kickball in our yard with the teams split up tennis shoes vs. flip flops.
Just to brag a little.........I was on the flip flop team and we were totally winning until I stopped playing. Then they lost. I guess it's all because of me! Oh well!I'll leave you with one final event from the day. Tonight when we were praying with Jack this is how it went:
Jack: Dear God, Thank you for Hannah at the soccer game (his friend from preschool who has a brother on Addie Grace's team)
Chris: Who else do you want to thank God for?
Jack: Thank you for Jack
Chris: Anyone else?
Jack: (reaching out to grab both of our noses at the same time) thank you for mommy and daddy's noses!
Gotta love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment