This has been a busy week for us (with more still to come)! So, get ready for lots of blog posts (hopefully if I have time). Everything started off on Tuesday morning with Jack's preschool Christmas program. This is something I have really been looking forward to because now he is old enough to participate. The 1 year old class that he was in last year does not participate. So, Jack and I have been practicing his songs and talking about singing loud. Gram and Grandaddy came into town to see Jack perform. I had great visions of my child defying the odds and getting up on stage and really hamming it up for the audience. I thought for sure he would sing and do the motions and smile and be a great little star for his 2 year old class. HOWEVER, on Monday night he only got about 8 hours of sleep. I still have no clue why......he just couldn't sleep. He usually gets about 11 hours or maybe just 10 but DEFINITELY more than 8. So, he woke up in a GRUMPY mood. I thought for sure that once he got to school....he would cheer up. After all, he LOVES school. Well, this was the scene when I dropped him off in his classroom and he was very upset with me for leaving him in there. It was slightly traumatic....

So, I left him thinking he would adjust well eventually. I went to the auditorium to get a seat. I was still thinking Jack would do great....I admired the set for the program.....

I took a picture of my mom and dad waiting for the program to start.....

Then, it was time to start......the whole school came in first to sing a song and Sawyer got very excited when he saw Jack.

When Jack saw us, he yelled up at me, "Momma.....I'm gonna sing LOUD!" Whew.....he was better. The whole group sang 1 song and Jack didn't sing. He just sat there. But, I thought that was just because it was the whole group and he didn't know that song as well. So, then it was his class's turn......Jack is in about the middle of this picture.

Jack did some of the motions in the first song, but then he figured out that the screen in the front of the auditorium had pictures on it, so.........he turned his back to the audience for almost the whole second song!

Sidenote: All my pictures with Jack looking forward.........he has very red eyes that could not be corrected. It's so difficult to get good pictures in such a big room.
After all the classes were finished singing....the whole group sang Christmas carols but did Jack sing those? NO WAY. What did he do? In between each song he yelled loudly up to me, "Mommma.....are we done yet?" No joke. So, my visions of my kid stealing the show with his great talent did not exactly come true but he did let the whole world know he was there. I guess there is always next year.....
By the time I got back to his classroom to pick him up, he was in a much better mood.

We went to McAllisters for lunch with Gram and Grandaddy and then he took a GREAT nap!
2 comments:
Glad he napped. Hey Jack! You're the big start today! Sorry I missed it.
Too funny! Luke's preschool program is on Monday, and I'm ridiculously excited. My expectations are a little opposite, though: he has been singing his songs at home for weeks, but I cannot IMAGINE him singing up there in a big group for such a big audience. I am fully expecting the "deer in headlights" look for much of the show:). So maybe he'll defy the odds, too!
Post a Comment