Friday, December 18, 2009

Gingerbread House Party

Last Saturday we decided to have Jack's friends from church over to make Gingerbread houses. This is an idea that we got from my sister-in-law, Kim who hosts this party every year for Luke's Bible class. Jack was very excited to have his own Christmas party and have lots of his friends come to his house to play all at once! The kids had a blast making (and eating) their houses. And, the adults had fun talking and hanging out while the kids took over our house! It was a good thing that Kim had hosted her party the week before so that I could get all the tips from her on how to have a successful party! On Friday night before the party I made icing and assembled houses (graham crackers stuck on milk cartons). A side note: this took me much longer than I expected! Thankfully, Chris did most of the finishing touches on house cleaning while I finished the houses!

Here are all the houses on Saturday morning waiting to be decorated! In all we had 13 kids under the age of 5 to decorate houses! I never really counted the adults but there was at least one adult for every kid plus a few! I love how serious the kids look while they are working so hard on their houses...
Here is my sweet nephew with his finished product...
Jack is thrilled to be the "host"
I did catch him with a mouth full of candy on a few different occasions! I also caught him take a huge spoonful of icing and put it in his mouth! Oh well............at least he took a good nap that afternoon!
I'm glad we got to have such a fun party! Thanks to all our friends for coming! We made lots of great memories!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE that you did this! Gingerbread houses is a family tradition in my family. And KENT actually was at one before we were a "thing." I think it must have been the clencher cause it wasn't long after that...

Krista said...

Here is what Jack told me about this party: "my friends came over and I shared my toys!" so cute!