Jack's birthday was on Feb. 7 but as you recall....his parents were out of the country, so we postponed his birthday until Feb. 13 this year!!! On Saturday morning, we had our traditional waffle birthday breakfast with very highly requested blueberries!!!

Then, we headed to the Children's Museum to check out the new Bob the Builder exhibit.

This was a great hit, but I can't wait to go back during the week when it's not so crowded instead of on a Saturday. We were happy to be joined by our cousins and Gram and Grandaddy at the museum. After we got home and Jack took a nap.....Gram and Grandaddy came over to give Jack his presents before his party. We didn't want him to have too much to open at his party that night and in hindsight that was a great idea because by the end of the night Jack was worn out. Jack was so excited to get a set of blocks from Gram.

His creativity with these things has been amazing. I love watching him build and imagine. Then, it was time for the long awaited "Chuck E Cheese birthday!"

(He was just a little bit excited, can't you tell?) I am so not into having a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, but I knew that we would not feel like hosting a party so soon after coming home and Jack was seriously so excited about this.....I knew he would feel very celebrated!!! He was very specific about who he wanted to invite.....his cousins, Addie Grace and Sawyer and his 2 best buddies, Joshua and Caleb. Mommy and Daddy also invited the rest of those families! It was a fun night!! We ate the very average pizza followed by a yummy ice cream cake!


We played lots of games and won prizes (you can't go to Chuck E Cheese without playing ski ball.)


We suffered through opening gifts! Ha! Seriously....look at Jack's face in these pictures. He looks miserable, but I promise he loved getting gifts.....I think he was just so exhausted by this point in the day.


But, most importantly we celebrated God's great gift to us (with a little help from Chuck E Cheese and a great birthday party hostess, Makayla!)
Calling Chuck E Cheese out (I don't think Jack knew what was going on but Addie Grace sure did):

Oh, now he gets it:

3 comments:
TOO CUTE!
I can't believe he is THREE! And Ruby's first birthday is in less than a month!
What's become of my life?! Where is the time going?!
Man, I miss you guys!
Wow, it looked like Jack had a wonderful day! I'm with you--Chuck E Cheese is not my speed, but kids LOVE it! I know that Jack had a blast!
And I saw that he got Hullabaloo as a present. Y'all will love that game! The Cranium games have been my favorite, by far, for kids.
Fun times! Chuck E Cheese's really knows how to make kids feel like a birthday Super Star! And the best part....they clean up the mess afterwards:'D
Post a Comment