Tuesday, February 16, 2010

He's THREE

Wow....I just can't believe that my baby boy is THREE! Seriously, where has the time gone? I love Jack to pieces! I'm so incredibly blessed to be his mommy and I just can't imagine my life without him. It's crazy to me that he is no longer a baby or even a toddler. He is definitely a little boy now. He's so grown up and always wanting to do everything for himself (well, except put his shoes on when it's time to go somewhere). He still loves to play trains the most but is now branching out into building things with blocks. His creativity amazes me. He is always pretending to be an animal or a fireman or a train and makes up these crazy scenarios. I just look at him and say, "where did you come up with that?" and he politely says, "I just did mom." He also can turn any toy into exactly what he wants it to be. It's great! Today he told me to slow down while driving (I was only going about 10 miles an hour as I approached a red light). He then proceeded to tell me that snow is slippery to drive on and we needed to be careful. He knows all his letters and is really starting to want to know their sounds and how to spell things. But, he could care less about writing or even drawing much. He's too busy with other things! He is growing like crazy (over 2 inches in the past 6 months according to his growth chart). I love the phase we are in right now. I could do without the moments where he doesn't listen to me or at least pretends not to hear me, but all in all...........he's one incredible kid! I am so happy to be in the front seat to watch him grow and learn.

While Jack was at my parents house and we were in Africa.....one of my mom's friends came over to take his 3 year old pictures. She did a great job really capturing Jack's personality in pictures. Here are some of my favorites! Enjoy!!!








Mom said he was cranky that day so she had to bribe him with the sucker! The first one was blue (obviously) but you may have noticed a yellow sucker in one of the pictures.....yep, he fell down and got another one! Oh, the joys of grandparents! Thankfully, we haven't noticed him being TOO spoiled since we've been home!

*All pictures were taken by Jane Shaw.

No comments: