Monday, June 21, 2010

Chaos

This is my Project LIFE Week 24 post.

If you know anything about youth ministry.....then you know that our summers are very crazy! Currently we are at Lipscomb University for Impact. We left last Friday.....so of course in the week leading up to Impact we decided to squeeze in our home improvement project. I guess it is a home improvement but it wasn't just for fun.....we had to replace our kitchen floor and back door due to water damage (we already replaced the door) and we've had the new floor for a while but with all the recent trips to AL this was the first chance to work on it. Chris promised me it would take 2 to 3 days at the most. If there is one thing that I have learned in marriage it's that his estimates are always wrong. With all house projects I have to prepare myself for the worst!!! And, folks this was pretty bad! Have I ever mentioned that I HATE having my house turned upside down?

Does having my fridge on the back deck for 3 days qualify as chaos?I thought so whenever I had to walk outside to get anything to eat. I guess it also qualifies us as a little bit redneck.

Does having everything from closets (including doors) and furniture from the hallway and a kitchen table and a stove squeezed into your living room and dining room count as chaos?I sure thought so.

Our eventual goal is to have the same floor throughout the entire downstairs of our house so we decided to replace the kitchen and foyer and hall bathroom floor right now with the goal of replacing the living room and dining room in a year or so (that might be postponed with baby on the way....we'll see). So, Chris and a few amazing people from our church (1 man and 2 teens) ripped up all our old floor:Jack was totally in to helping with the floor. His favorite job was cleaning up after daddy.Slowly but surely in between Chris going to work and other activities we had scheduled during the week......progress was made:And by REALLY late Thursday night (we left early Friday morning).....all the floor was in. Unfortunately it's not finished. Because none of the baseboards are back or door frames or anything like that......but the floor is in. And, I really like it! I am thankful to be taking a "break" from the chaos of my house and instead I am participating in the chaos of Impact. We got to Lipscomb on Friday with our junior high kids (and Jack). We had a wonderful weekend with them. Jack has had fun in the dorm room with us. Here he is putting on Chris's shorts cracking himself up.And here he is getting 1 of about 500 piggy back rides from Grant.
It was fun having Jack here over the weekend but on Sunday I took him to meet my parents halfway between here and Knoxville so he could get in some grandparent spoiling and so I could spend some more concentrated time with our teens. The senior high kiddos arrived today. I miss Jack and am looking forward to getting him back in a few days but I treasure the time with just Chris and 1500+ teenagers. Ha!

Seriously, one other thing I want to note here about having Jack at Impact this year is that he is VERY into singing. There was just nothing better for my soul than holding my 3 year old listening to him belt out the words to Mighty to Save and Shout Hallelujah with 1000 junior high kids and even watching him mimic some of the kids by lifting his hands in worship to the Lord. I pray that Jack's heart for worship is cultivated and developed over the years as his understanding of God grows more and more. He has such a tender heart and I love watching it come out in moments like these. He truly is our amazing gift from God and I can't believe we are so blessed to have another one on the way too. Thank you God for our gifts. May we take care of them while they are ours and may we never forget that they ultimately belong to you.

1 comment:

Ry said...

Beautiful