Sunday June 6
Chris got back to the hotel around 4 in the morning from the hospital and we got up about 4 hours later to eat breakfast, get ready, and head to church. After church it was on to Mellow Mushroom for pizza with our family, Uncle Ken, and cousins Grace and Amelia. That was fun but then we were very ready for nap time for ALL of us!!! Later that afternoon all the cousins went for a swim. This was Jack's first swim of summer and he wasn't too thrilled. He got in the water with Chris and decided the water was too cold and so he spent the rest of the time enjoying himself OUT of the pool.
Monday June 7
In the morning we got up and took the kids to a local park that is really nice. Then, the rest of the day was spent with lunch, more swimming (Jack got in this time), and nap time. After all that.....it was off for an early dinner with the family and then the visitation at the funeral home.
Tuesday June 8
Got up in the morning and took the kids to Miss Lynne's house. This lady was such a gift from God while we were in Anniston. She loved on Jack and took care of him and played with him and he loved her back. I'm pretty sure all the kids did. The kids stayed with her during the funeral service on Tuesday morning. The service was nice. It was such a great tribute to Rob followed by lunch at the church building and then a late start for our drive home. We didn't leave until 3:00 our time for an 8+ hour drive home. We called our friends Derek and Elise and met their family in Huntsville for dinner. The only problem was that on our way to the restaurant we were rear-ended!!!! Everything is okay (except the $2500 worth of damage to the back end of the jeep). But, it's not us that's paying for it so I guess that's fine with me. Just annoying. I was a little sore for a couple of days and Jack is worried that we will get hit again and the jeep will get another boo-boo. But, we're good. I was so thankful we got to have dinner with our friends after that mess!
I absolutely LOVE these guys:
There was one great thing on Wed. and I really wish I had the picture on here for you but my scanner is not working properly right now.....our ultrasound! The baby is really looking like a baby now (or an alien would probably be a more accurate description). I got to see him or her moving around a lot and got to hear that great, fast, loud heartbeat! Nothing better for my soul the day after being in a car wreck!
The rest of the week was fairly mundane with trying to catch up on all the things we had missed being gone at the beginning of the week.
**Sorry if these posts are boring to you!!! I wanted to write down the details to remember later when I go to put this weeks pictures in my album. And, I'm behind on putting stuff in the album so this "online journal" is becoming increasingly important!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment