Yep, I'm behind again....so this is the week that started with Memorial Day. Our friends were still in town so on Sunday afternoon we headed to the zoo. It was so hot!!! But, a ton of fun! We sought relief in the oceans exhibit. It's always good to have daddy along on our trips to the zoo because he is MUCH more willing to pet sharks with Jack.

We were also very excited about going to the zoo Memorial Day weekend because that was when the new Cheetah exhibit opened at our zoo. There are 4 cheetahs and I think they are beautiful! One of them even walked right up to us. It was great!

Jack and Alexys once again had a great time together. I think Jack got a lot of practice for being a big brother. At least he acted like one. He would say, "hold my hand Alexys so you don't get lost!" Too cute!


On Monday morning we were sad because the Smith family left to go home. Shortly after they left Chris decided that he really needed to head to AL to be with his Uncle Rob, Grandma, and Mom. Uncle Rob had taken a turn for the worst and was not doing very well. I had work to do and was still not feeling very well so Chris took Jack with him. The plan was to leave Monday morning and come home late Tuesday night or Wed. Well, long story short.....they didn't come home until Thursday evening. So, besides crying each night when I would talk to Jack on the phone and he would be crying that he was ready to see me......I had a really nice few days to just chill out. I was happy to have my boys home Thursday night in time for my parents to arrive on Friday for a visit. We had fun hanging out with them.
On Saturday we went over to Bouncertown to let Jack get a TON of energy out!!! At first he was nervous to jump on the things but then he got the hang of it and you could not slow him down. He was so sweaty by the time he left and needless to say he took a great nap that afternoon.



Saturday afternoon I was just about to leave with my parents to go watch my niece's dance recital when we got a call that Uncle Rob probably only had a few hours left on earth. So, we made the decision to get in the car and head to AL. We drove straight through to Anniston arriving at 12:30 AM central time. Right as we were unloading the car and settling into our hotel room....we got the call the Rob had just passed away. I'm so glad we were there because Chris got to go up the hospital and be with his family for the sacred time. Rob is so special to us but we are so joy-filled that he is now in Heaven. I plan to write a separate post soon about Rob. But, this leads me into my pictures for the next week....
No comments:
Post a Comment