Saturday, July 03, 2010

Impact

This is my post for Project LIFE Week 25.

Last week we were at Impact at Lipscomb. It's still crazy to me that I get to be a part of Impact. I have been to Impact as a camper and as a counselor and as a youth minister's girlfriend and as a youth minister's wife and as a dorm mom. I really love it. I must say that this was probably the HOTTEST year I ever remember at Impact (and I don't think that's just because I'm pregnant). It was MISERABLE. But, thankfully the air conditioning was working and there were plenty of opportunities to be inside.

On Sunday I took Jack to Cookeville to meet my parents half way. We got to have lunch with my parents and then Jack got to spend a really fun week with Gram and Grandaddy while I got to be at Impact with Chris and the teenagers. It was great to be able to focus on the teens and my relationships with them. On Thursday I met my parents again to pick up Jack and got to hear all about his fun week: Gram's children's museum, the zoo, the splash pad, Toy Story 3 in 3D, and the list goes on and on.....Thanks Gram and Grandaddy for giving Jack a GREAT week!Once Jack got back to Impact on Thursday he was very excited because his cousins Luke and Anna were there!!! These 2 boys are so silly when they are together!!! This was the second time this month that they got to see each other. Too bad we don't live closer. Or.....maybe it's a good thing. I don't know how much silliness I can take from these 2! Ha!One of my favorite things about being at Impact was my afternoon nap time!!! I've been very tired with this pregnancy and when I'm home.....it doesn't always work out for me to get a nap in. But, at Impact I had no work to do and no chores to do, so I got a nap almost everyday!!!! Awesome! Also, when Jack was there he took some really long naps. Chris snapped this picture one afternoon when he came back to the room expecting us to be awake. Nope! Still asleep 3 1/2 hours later. And, yes.....Jack still slept at night. I think the heat exhausted him!!!

I love our group of teenagers. They are the best!!! I feel so blessed to be a part of their lives and have them as a part of Jack's life. I do wish our summers were not SO crazy but just look at these faces.....they are so worth it!!On the way home....3 girls rode with Jack and I and we had a blast. They thought Jack was hilarious watching his DVD player. He had fun being the "life of the backseat" when he wasn't watching his DVD player. But, as a result he took no nap in the car so this is where he ended up as soon as we got home....Wow... what a week!

No comments: