Sunday, August 15, 2010

Project LIFE Week 32

Wow.........only 20 more weeks in this year and approx. only 20 more weeks of being pregnant!!!

It's been a great week around here! Jack's preschool was closed for the week between summer day camp and official school starting, so I only worked about a half day on Monday and a full day on Tuesday. Chris was able to be home with Jack on Mon and Tues and then I had the rest of the week off. Monday was the big day where we found out we're having a girl!!! I promise I want to put one of the ultrasound pictures on here but just haven't had a chance to do that yet. I'll try to get you a picture later this week!

On Thursday we went over to Joshua and Nathan's house for a play date with those boys and Caleb. It was so fun to play with them. I was so mad because right as I was about the get THE PERFECT picture of these boys hugging each other and all looking at the camera smiling from ear to ear.....my camera battery died. So, then I managed to squeeze one more picture out of my camera and this was the best I could do.Hmm......looks like Jack is about to bang his friend in the head with a hammer, but I promise he is just hugging him!!!

On Friday a group from church was meeting at this great park that's kind of far from our house. We don't get there very often but Jack loves the playground there plus they have a splash pad that's perfect for younger kids and to help beat the extreme heat we've been having lately. So, we made the trek up there and are so glad we did.At first Jack was only going to stick with the playground and had no desire to get in the water, but then he decided since Joshua and Nathan were out there..........he could be too!!!And, he had a lot of fun getting soaked from head to toe!!!!On Saturday, Chris was participating in a local service project through CICOA to help make homes safer for elderly people. I had been invited to a birthday party for a kid I see in his home for PT that was being held downtown. So, Jack and I went to the Children's Museum for a few hours before the party. It's such a sign to me of how Jack is growing up each time we go to the museum. He is really getting more into "role playing." Here he is selling me some train tickets. He told me it would take 6 tickets for me to get to the beach and the ride would be 29 hours long! Wow.........thankfully when we head to the beach in a few weeks for vacation it will NOT take 29 hours!!!!

During Chris's service project on Sat morning he had 2 baseball players from our minor league team working with him. The "incentive" for working on Saturday (besides satisfaction of helping others) was free tickets to the Sat. night Indians game. Chris was so happy that he "knew" two of the players that he just had to have a picture of one of them! Ha!Me and my favorite little boy in the world!!!I'm kind of sad this week is over!!! Jack starts his new 3 year old preschool class tomorrow!!! Here's hoping for a great day for him!!!

No comments: