I simply have 2 images for you to describe our week. The post below with the finished pictures of Jack's new room can also be included in this past week. That is a positive thing. But, here is the rest of the story....
What is wrong with this picture?
Disappointment #2:
Trust me, you don't want a real picture of this one! When you are pregnant, what does the color orange make you think of? That nasty orange sugar drink you have to drink for your glucose tolerance test. Well, I took that test over 2 weeks ago and never heard if I had passed or failed. Then, I was at my check-up on Wednesday and the doctor informed me that I failed the 1-hour test by ONE point. So, she was sending me for the 3 hour test. The catch with the 3 hour test is that you are supposed to have fasted for 8 hours, drink the nasty orange drink, and still not eat anything for 3 more hours while they take your blood every hour. For this pregnant lady - that DOES. NOT. WORK. In short, if I don't eat.....I throw up. If I eat too soon in the morning, I throw up. If I eat too late in the morning, I throw up. Point is: I throw up every morning. I informed my doctor of this fact and she didn't seem to believe me that I would not be able to tolerate this test. So, like a good patient on Friday morning I headed over to the lab with an empty tummy. They took my blood and I drank that nasty drink and headed out to the waiting room to read my book for the next 3 hours. 10 minutes later..........I threw the entire drink up! So, what did they do? They called my doctor's office and yep.......I'm supposed to just try again in a few days. Where is the love? If I fail again......I am going to personally call my doctor's office and just tell them not to put me through that anymore. I would rather just be put on a special diet. So, if you think of me on Wednesday......say a little prayer. I don't know what to pray for. I guess just pray that I don't throw up so they can make sure everything is okay.Also, this past week has been one of some big decisions for me regarding the independent contracting I do with the state for early intervention. It's a lot to get in to on here but it's added some unnecessary stress in my life.
But, all in all........life goes on. We are persevering and making it one day at a time. I LOVE to feel this baby move around inside of me and I LOVE to hear Jack talk to her and tell her all about what life is going to be like when she arrives. And, I LOVE my wonderful husband. And, most of all I fall more and more in LOVE with my God each and everyday in the way that HE IS ALWAYS NEAR.



No comments:
Post a Comment