This is Project LIFE Week 43......the week leading up to Halloween!
I first had to include this picture from Sunday of this week. We were getting ready to head out the door for church when Jack came in the kitchen wearing his Yankees hat backwards and announced that he was ready to go to church. He made me think of a little teenager and perhaps gave me a glimpse into our future and I just wanted to share this picture with you!

This week was pretty busy as usual. Chris left town on Wednesday evening to go to a youth minister's renewal retreat and then my parents came into town on Thursday evening to help me do some things around the house AND of course to see all their grandkids. On Friday morning I had to retake my glucose tolerance test AGAIN but this time instead of drinking the yucky drink they had me go EAT 100 grams of carbs which translated to 2 pancakes with 2 oz. of syrup and some apple juice at Cracker Barrel. Gram, Grandaddy, and Jack were happy to accompany me to breakfast! With the amazing help of my parents we got several random things done around the house on Friday and Saturday morning. (Mom, I still haven't put the 3rd coat of paint on that desk.....but I will soon). Grandaddy and Jack also spent a LOT of time wrestling. I cannot tell you how much giggling I heard between these 2.

Friday evening Jack requested that we go to Zoo Boo again. Grandaddy already had plans with Uncle Brian so Gram and I took Jack to Zoo Boo (this time in his costume)! Introducing "Ruffy" the dog caught in a spider web at the zoo:


However, I am VERY convinced that the only reason Jack wanted to go back to Zoo Boo was to ride the Halloween train! Here he is sitting with Gram and as happy as he can be while keeping one eye out for the monsters along the train tracks!

Saturday night we headed up to the Headless Horseman event at Conner Prairie. We went with Uncle Brian, Aunt Kym, and cousins Addie Grace and Sawyer as well as with another family from church. Conner Prairie is a really neat place but we had not been there since last September when Jack's cousins Grace and Amelia came to visit. Jack immediately remembered that 13 months ago he had rolled down this hill with Grace and Amelia and had to re-enact it several times!

While we were waiting to get in the event we enjoyed some apples from their apple store and enjoyed climbing trees.


This is my newest favorite picture of Jack..........

Here are all the kids with the Headless Horseman before our haunted hayride:

The hayride was fantastic! We got to see the headless horseman riding a real horse up close and personal a couple of times. The kids loved every minute of it! But, personally I was pretty happy that it wasn't too dark yet!!! What a fun night......but we missed daddy! We were so happy to see him again once we got home Saturday night. He was home in time for all the Halloween festivities on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment