Thursday, November 04, 2010

#5

Another project checked off the list! I'm feeling good about our progress!!!So, this desk was in our guest room and was painted white. Chris's great-grandfather made this desk. When we first married and received the desk.....it was stained green. I sanded it and painted it white and it's been an accessory in our guest room ever since. Well, now that we don't have an "official guest room" I wasn't sure what to do with it. So, I decided to move out the ugly computer table that was in the corner of our bedroom and replace it with this desk! I painted the desk black so that it would be darker since our bedroom furniture is deep espresso. The filing cabinet to the right holds our printer now so I didn't need as much space on the desk. This is my little "work" corner where I run my home physical therapy business! And, yes.....we get a tax write off for this "area" of our house. Nice, huh? And, now I like the way it looks a whole lot better!

A special thanks to my mom for helping me get the first 2 coats of paint done on the desk this past weekend. She is amazing! And, a special thanks to Grandma Dottie for giving us this desk so many years ago!

And, the next project on MY list is the most fun one of all...........the baby's room!!! Chris has some less exciting projects in store but I really doubt that I will blog about those :-)

No comments: