Sunday, November 07, 2010

Halloween

Project LIFE Week 44...........however, all these pictures are from the first night of the week!

We had a great Halloween this year. The actual day was pretty hectic and while the evening was hectic......it was hectic in a different way and actually a ton of fun!

The morning started out with church and then lunch with the teenagers followed by Chris having a flag football game and Jill needing to go to a meeting related to some work stuff. So, two of our teenagers came over to sit at our house while Jack napped (we KNEW he would need a nap that day for all the evening festivities)! When mommy and daddy both finally got home....it was about 4:30. Because of our busy day and the fact that we had guests coming over - we decided just to order pizza. We figured that it would be a crazy night for ordering pizza so I said I would go pick it up. Only problem.....I got there to pick it up and WHILE I WAS IN THE STORE.....they sent our pizza to our house on delivery. Ha! Needless to say....we got it for free so Happy Halloween to us! While I was gone to pick up the pizza..........I left Chris and Jack in charge of carving our pumpkins....And, this is what I came home to....Yes, a throwing up jack-o-lantern! YUCK! I think they are making fun of the pregnant one in our house who still throws up every day. But, all the same....gross! It was funny to tell our trick or treaters that is what was going to happen to them if they ate too much candy!

Our good friends, the Lewis family moved to SC several weeks ago but were very blessed that their house sold. So, thankfully this was the weekend they got to come home for the movers to pack up their house. Jack was so happy to have his buddy Caleb to trick or treat with! And, we were very happy to see our friends, Josh and Kimberly. Here are the pregnant mamas with our little girls!!!We firmly believe that the more....the merrier when it comes to trick or treating! So, not only did Caleb come over but Joshua and Nathan joined us as well! Jack was definitely the "ring leader" of the group leading the way from house to house. But, by the end of the night they all had the hang of things pretty well.A little note about Jack's costume.....totally his idea to by "Ruffy the dog." When he told me he wanted to be a dog....I began thinking up in my mind how I could make a cute dog costume when Jack ran to get a catalog he had seen in our house and showed me the picture and said, "I only want to be THAT dog." So, yes....we spent too much money on a Halloween costume this year but Jack was very happy! And, you better believe our little girl will have to be a dog in a few years for Halloween! Or....maybe we will just sell the costume on Craig's List. Ha!Jack and Caleb plotting out where to go next...Our neighbor's house....the first one!Coming home after a busy night to show Granddaddy all his candy!

No comments: