Sunday, December 05, 2010

the Countdown begins....

Project LIFE Week 49...

Well, it's Christmas time officially and we are very excited! We started off this week by putting up our Christmas tree and other decorations! Jack was very helpful this year and even did a fairly good job of spreading ornaments out on the tree and not putting them all at the same level!We have always just used our advent calendar as an excuse to get extra candy canes during the month of December but this year we decided to take it a step further. I don't remember where I got this idea but I can assure you it was not mine originally. Sorry that this picture is blurry.....but it's all I've got.We always have so many activities that we want to accomplish in the month of December, so why not schedule them out and give Jack a little surprise everyday?? Well, there is not something for EVERY day but most days we have some sort of activity planned that we have a picture of on a piece of paper. When Jack opens up the door for his candy cane......he gets a picture clue about what we are going to do that day! So far it's been a great success!

Wed. Dec 1: Write a letter to Santa
We wrote our letter Wed. night and then on Friday we took it to Macy's to mail it because for every letter that goes through their mail box to Santa they will donate $1 to the Make a Wish foundation up to 1 million dollars! So, get on it people..........I think the last count I saw it was close to 500,000.

Thurs. Dec 2: Make a Gingerbread House!I totally cheated this year and bought a kit at Target but it was still a ton of fun for Jack! In every picture of him with the house.....he has a goofy expression. It probably doesn't help that he has that unnecessary band-aid on in the middle of his head. He has a tiny scratch there and wanted a band-aid. Then, after leaving the band-aid on too long......he got a bad dry skin patch from where the band-aid was making his head look much worse for a few days. Crazy kid!

Fri. Dec 3: The Circus!!!We had a great night as a family at the Circus! We got there early for the pre-show where you get to go down on the floor but Jack was actually quite intimidated by this. He finally got happy when his daddy was holding him AND he could see an elephant instead of all the crazy clowns and men on stilts.
Here are mommy and Jack waiting for the show to start:My favorite part was when there were 7 motorcycles all driving in this cage at once. They started with 4 and I thought that was crazy enough......by the time they got to 7, I thought that my blood pressure was probably going up a little too high!!!Jack's favorites only had to do with animals......the elephants and horses and the tigers! But, he did like everything else too......he was just most enamored with the animal acts.

Sat. Dec 4: Build and Grow project at Lowe's
This month on each Saturday at Lowes they are building a wooden model train. Today was the 1st of 3 sessions and included building the caboose. Chris took Jack to this as his activity while I was at work for the day. It's a guy kind of thing anyways, right? Then, they came home and spent the afternoon in the snow!!! The snow was actually good enough for a snowman and everything. It was a bummer to me that our first somewhat significant snow of the year.....I was at work. But, oh well! Saturday night we had a last minute call to watch some girls from church whose babysitter had bailed on them. It turned out to be great since it was Jack's "girlfriend." They played so well together all night and I enjoyed the cuddle time I got with her little sister. And, Jack also enjoyed having a little baby in the house. I think it got him even more excited about his little sister's arrival soon!!!Happy December!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you all have had a fun week! Did you make that box? That's a cool idea!

Jill said...

Um....no.........I bought it at Target a couple of years ago on clearance. I think they usually have some similar to it every year!