Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Project LIFE Week 48....

I guess now that it's Dec. 1, I should officially post about our Thanksgiving so that we can move on to our Christmas Countdown!!! Thanksgiving was our last opportunity to travel south to see family for the holidays because once I'm 36 weeks pregnant (which is very soon by the way)....I'm not supposed to travel anywhere.

Chris and I are so thankful that we have 3 grandmothers still living and we feel so blessed whenever we get to spend time with them. It's so great to me that Jack has the opportunity to know his great-grandmothers. On Thanksgiving Day we had lunch with my dad's side of the family and dinner with my mom's side of the family. Two delicious meals in one day is a lot but it's totally worth it to see lots of my extended family!

Jack with NanaAlso, at Nana's house we got to see several of my cousins including my cousin's little girl.....Sarah! This is the baby that after Jack spent some time with her this summer he said, "mom, it would be okay if we had a girl!" And, he absolutely loves her! He wanted to be wherever she was and go on lots of walks with her outside to find Nana's cats. We really enjoyed giving Sarah her Christmas present a little early.....On Thursday night we spent the night at my cousin Adam's house. Adam is Brody's dad and let me just say.....these 2 are a little bit crazy together but they had a TON OF FUN!On Friday we enjoyed a delicious breakfast made by my Uncle Paul and then headed over to see Memaw for a little while. I think it's funny that after I took this picture Jack said, "I was the only one smiling" and he wasn't even looking at the camera. I think my Memaw looks beautiful here!Friday afternoon we drove over to Murphy, NC to visit with Chris's family. Jack was the only kid at Gigi and Papa's this year because both of Chris's brothers could not make it but he still managed to have a lot of fun with Gigi and Papa, Grandma Dottie, and his great Uncle Joe and Aunt Betty once he got over being a little bit sad that his cousins weren't there!

Jack got to open his Christmas present from Grandma Dottie early and then she read him the book she got him. Jack's only request on Saturday was that we go to his favorite jungle gym! He really loves the park in Murphy. It just makes him so happy to go there!After playing for a while we set out for a walk. We quickly decided that mommy wouldn't make the whole trek (long story short.....I'm having a lot of pain in my pelvis with this pregnancy) so I drove around to pick Chris and Jack up where the trail ends at the Murphy train depot. We had a good time around the old caboose and box car and old train tracks before heading to see the movie Tangled at Murphy's theater.We were happy that Gigi and Papa joined us for the movie and then treated us to pizza at another one of Jack's favorite Murphy spots......Downtown Pizza!

Sunday morning it was time for us to hit the road and return back to normal (whatever normal may be). We are happy to be home again and staying busy celebrating the Christmas season!!!!

Hope that you and your family had a good time celebrating Thanksgiving. There is just always so much to be thankful for!!!!

No comments: