He finally got his elephant pillow pet that he has been wanting for a while! And, yes....it was totally worth my search to see how happy he was! Here he is imitating an elephant:
Tatum was also thrilled about her new duck towel......O-kay so she wasn't THAT thrilled but Jack is excited that she now has an animal towel like some of his towels!
The actual day of Valentine's was a little bit hectic. I am currently working 4 hours a week. I see 4 kids in their homes for Physical Therapy and Chris has worked out his schedule to stay home with Tatum while I do that. But, this week.....I had to change my schedule due to going out of town so Tatum went to her babysitter's house for the first time!
Ms. Melody will be keeping Tatum when I go back to work at the hospital (and I'm not exactly sure when that will be.....I guess whenever money runs out). But, they had a trial run today and everyone did great (except me)! I LOVE Melody and totally trust her and all..........but it was just harder to leave Tatum than I expected. I guess I kind of surprised myself at how emotional I got. And, seriously you will laugh because this is how it went down:
8:15 - dropped Tatum off
8:30-9:30 - worked
9:45 - 10:45 back to Melody's house to nurse Tatum
11:00-12:00 - worked
12:00-1:30 - Valentine's lunch with Chris
1:30 - picked up Tatum and took her home where she took the best nap in a long time :-)
So, it wasn't anywhere close to a full day of work or being gone from my baby for very long. But, I guess it's just reality that the day is coming....
Also, Chris was an amazing husband for Valentine's Day. I didn't take any pictures of all this but I want to share. He wanted me to have a "P"erfect day so here is what he did....
1. Pretty - for something pretty he brought be a sweet bouquet of daisies which just happen to be my favorite flowers
2. Practical - this isn't exciting at all, but we had let our AAA membership lapse and he renewed it for me since I would be traveling later in the week by myself with both kids......thankfully we didn't need it! I thought that was thoughtful.
3. Pallitable - Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (he got them to go and we ate them after the kids were both in bed for the night)! I don't think a huge piece of cheesecake is the best thing to eat right before you go to bed but it sure was good! But, the best part was just hanging out. We also went out to lunch which was great too! I love spending time with my Valentine and am thankful that he makes me a priority even when he has a busy week!
4. Petro - Yep, he filled my car up with gas so he could serve me! I thought it was funny that he even mentioned this. He usually most always fills up my car for me because he is just great like that!
So, nothing too fancy but still a perfect day!!! I love my sweet husband and my wonderful kids. I am thankful for a day to stop and celebrate that love in a more deliberate way!
Hopefully I will have many more posts coming your way soon..........I have lots of plans!



No comments:
Post a Comment