Monday, March 28, 2011

The bad blogger award goes to.......


ME!

But, we were gone for a week and this week is my official back to work week and we've just been busy enjoying each other! So, no regrets here. But, I do have a lot of posting to do!

We were out of town on St. Patrick's Day (which also happened to be Tatum's 3 month birthday) so I took this picture right before we walked out the door.
Tatum is in her pajamas because we left at 8:00 at night to drive to Knoxville. We made it into K-town at 2:30 in the morning. Both kids traveled great but we had to make an extra stop for us because somehow a hole got poked in Chris's MASSIVE sized cup from the gas station and diet coke was literally all over our car! For future reference I will NOT allow my husband to buy a 44 oz. drink no matter how cheap it is!

After getting into Knoxville so late (or early depending on how you want to look at it).....Chris and I got to sleep in a little before enjoying a wonderful breakfast thanks to my mom. Then, we loaded up again and headed on to Murphy for the weekend. It was a part work and part fun trip, but I will try to post more about that later.

For now I just want to tell you about our 3 month old!!! She is really settling into a nice routine. She usually nurses for the last time around 9 and then goes to bed and sleeps until about 6:30 or 7. I hesitate to write that but it's true. She really has been sleeping through the night for a while and it helps so much!!! Her naps are still mostly short naps several times a day but I can deal with that! She continues to nurse like a champ but she will take a bottle too. She does the best for Chris but she did not starve at the babysitter's house today. Here is Jack helping out daddy one day! He was SO proud of himself!
Tatum has now gotten too big for her little puj tub that fits in our bathroom sink so she has graduated to a piece of foam in the bathtub and she loves it!!!! She loves the freedom to kick kick kick.
And, I love her "after bath" hair-do...
Another note worthy thing about Tatum is her head control. It's getting stronger and stronger each and everyday. I'm definitely going to miss watching her "chicken move" or also known as head bobbing but I'm excited for all the development that is about to take place. Today she is really trying to roll over but hasn't quite got it yet. So, anyway.........now that she can control it better she is able to enjoy the bumbo seat that Gram gave her for Christmas. This picture doesn't really show her smiling or anything but she is definitely chilled out.
And, Jack took this picture and I think it looks like Tatum is ready to conquer the world. Watch out world......here comes Tatum Kirby!
One last picture to share. Before we left for our trip my sweet friend, Jill, came over to take pictures of Tatum. My baby wasn't exactly cooperative that morning but I think this picture is really good and intend to frame it since all the pictures in our house are still just of Jack. Ha!

No comments: