Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cousins and the Canal!

This past week we had a great treat! Uncle Greg, Aunt Kim, Luke, and Anna came to visit us! They arrived Monday afternoon. First of all - Aunt Kim and the kids showed up at our house because they were driving up from Louisville. Then, it was time to pick Uncle Greg up from the airport. His flight arrived a little later than expected AND it was a gorgeous evening so instead of heading back home for a cookout as planned........we headed downtown to the canal! We ate at Creation Cafe which sits at the end of the canal and thankfully we were able to sit outside because they kids (a.k.a. the 3 older kids) were crazy! They had a blast enjoying each other and we (the adults) had a great time catching up.

Aunt Kim took this picture of Tatum in Chris's arms while we were eating and I think it's one of my new favorites:

See what I mean? They were too crazy to even stop for a good posed cousin picture...
I don't know what made Jack happier - the fact that we let him get Sprite or the fact that Luke and Anna were visiting...
After dinner, we headed down to walk along the canal. I made several attempts to capture moments - particularly trying to get a picture of the 3 older kids together. Tatum was chillin' out pretty comfortably in her stroller. They did get a kick out of me telling them to hug this tree. Too bad I never got them all looking at me at the same time...
I do want to point out that my kid is probably the most guilty of being the craziest....see?

Those boys had to be worn out after climbing up and jumping down these large steps over and over and over again. It proved to have the opposite effect at bedtime that night, but oh well! It's not everyday they get to see each other!
They even spent lots and lots of time running....
We were happy to share "our" canal with Uncle Greg, Aunt Kim, Luke, and Anna!

And, we are happy that warm days are coming so we can visit the canal more often! We love to take family picnics to the canal and we have missed that during the winter months!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Did you happen to see my phone?? :D Glad you had a fun visit.

Jill said...

No Krista - we didn't see your phone. But, I actually did tell Greg and Kim that story!