Thursday, March 26, 2009

Miracles

Back in August I posted this. It was about a patient that I named "Sarah." Well, Sarah was back in the hospital earlier this week. She had a surgery to remove a portion of her lung to try to get rid of the cancer that had spread there from her leg. Wednesday morning when I saw her she was in terrible pain. She was so weak and could NOT stand up despite her best efforts. It seemed very hopeless. So, I told her to take a break and that I would come back that afternoon. Her family was really wanting to take her home and she wanted to be at home, but she couldn't get out of bed so how was she going to go home? Well, about 3 hours later I went back to her room and she was sleeping so her mom asked that I not wake her. One hour later, I went back and guess what? She had just gotten back from WALKING a whole lap around her until which was about 250 feet (without her physical therapist to help). Needless to say, she got to go home.

Her outlook is still not great, but possibly if the cancer can be removed from her lungs.......

She needs a miracle. She got a little miracle on Wednesday, but she needs more. Please just pray for this special girl tonight. Pray for her family as they are tired. They are so tired of being in and out of the hospital. Sarah is tired but strong. Just pray.

1 comment:

April said...

We will pray for her!